The use of polyurethanes is not limited just to making serious things like molds and casts. You can have a lot of fun and also express your creative streak by making resin jewelry!
Making jewelry with polyurethane resins is an enjoyable hobby where you are only limited by your imagination. You can literally make any shape, size, or design that catches your fancy. Make artistic finger rings, earrings, bracelets, neckpieces in any color and pattern with interesting fillers and more.
Following is an outline of the procedure for making resin jewelry:
If you want to view our products, then you can browse the web.
- You need an optically clear resin for making jewelry. It should be non-yellowing and preferably UV resistant too. Special, high-quality jewelry resins are available in art stores.
- Plan what you wish to make in advance. Decide the shape and size and choose appropriate molds accordingly. Also, decide the color (if any) you want in the jewelry.
- You can add almost anything as a filler – such as dried leaves, flowers, feathers, beads, stones, buttons, sprinkles, glitter and what not. Any special keepsake can also be cast into a resin and worn as a memento.
- Prepare the mold by applying an appropriate release agent and let it air dry.
- Mix the resin slowly and thoroughly (generally equal parts of resin and hardener) to avoid air bubbles.